DR-1X repeater Yaesu upgrade cost

I've recently setup an (old) DR-1X repeater, and now we would like to use the DG-ID functionality but it's not implemented.I don't know which was it's initial firmware version, accordingly to the very good document from HamOperator below saying there is 3 lines of DR1X... (!)

The actual main version is 1.10Q but I don't know the internal FTM400's version... perhaps it haven't been updated....because touch panel doesn't looks like in the manual...

Following the HamOperator document, if we want the DG-ID func, it must be upgraded to the 1.20 version.
Is it right ?

If yes, where can I find that 1.20 version as it's not available on the Yaesu website ?
Must I upgrade both RX and TX internal transceivers ?

And when connected to the HRI-200, will it be still available ?


ANSWER
They charge for labor and return shipping. They use the same software version sent out in their referbed units. It is only available by sending in your unit; per my recent experience.


ANSWER
That may be a change - as I recall, the particular firmware update could only be performed by Yaesu, and required the owner to pay to ship the unit to Yaesu, who in turn performed the upgrade for free, and covered return shipping.

It's certainly possible Yaesu no longer cover the cost of the upgrade/update, but that was the case a couple years ago when I sent our club's DR-1X to Yaesu.

Bottom line, I'd suggest calling Yaesu - as I said previously, the update was not available to be made in the field.



ANSWER
When I had them do the upgrade three months ago, it was $70 for labor, plus return shipping of $40.

BE SURE to say that you want the DG-ID upgrade as well as the narrow-band option. In my case, (since there is no documentation of this procedure, or that it is a separate procedure), they just did the narrow-band upgrade (I wanted both).


Yaesu System Fusion discussion 
Yaesu System Fusion (groups.io)
https://groups.io/g/YaesuSystemFusion



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up
.
Yaesu System Fusion
Yaesu System Fusion (groups.io)
https://groups.io/g/YaesuSystemFusion
.
AMATEUR RADIO CANADA DISCUSSION GROUP
https://groups.io/g/HAMRadioCanada
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.