DR-1X/XE Software update

DR-1X/XE Software update

I have a DR-1X repeater with V 1.00w EXP A1, which is mot mentioned on any of the software instructions downloaded from yaesu.com. Since “w” is alphabetically higher than the available updates is it safe to assume (yah, I know) it has the latest build? What concerns me is there is no mention of the “w” version anywhere I can find. I’ve tried calling but not able to reach a person.


ANSWER
V1.00w is lower than
V1.10Q

1.10 comes after 1.00 but that's all I can say. I don't know how you'd get v1.00w updated to 1.10Q. It would probably be a two-step process.


ANSWER 
I went back over the notice and discovered I was reading it incorrectly; V1.00n (ordinally less than V1.00w) replaces all versions except V1.00f and V1.10D, which tells me it replaces V1.00w. Configuration management has always been one of my pet peeves, in particular improperly organized configuration management. Software tools today insist on clarity. (Sigh!)



ANSWER
YAESU
Based upon when you purchased it is where the firmware will be at for version and letter.

The most current 1.00 version is the letter n (yes smaller case)

The most current 1.10 version is the letter Q (yes upper case)

You can also have the current DG-ID capable version 1.2 (if memory serves on the number) loaded also.

NOTE- You need to be at version 1.10 or higher to have direct WiRES-X connection.



ANSWER
There is a firmware update document on HamOpertor.com that goes into great detail about the DR-1X. It's a bit complicated because there are basically three different versions (not including the DR1-XFR). You can find the document here: https://wp.hamoperator.com/?page_id=41


Yaesu System Fusion discussion 
Yaesu System Fusion (groups.io)
https://groups.io/g/YaesuSystemFusion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up
.
Yaesu System Fusion
Yaesu System Fusion (groups.io)
https://groups.io/g/YaesuSystemFusion
.
AMATEUR RADIO CANADA DISCUSSION GROUP
https://groups.io/g/HAMRadioCanada
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.